Saturday, April 3, 2010

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

image from sallybeauty.com


Price: $8 for 14ml, .5fl oz


What they say:
"   * Guaranteed not to yellow
    * Durable high gloss shine
    * UV Inhibitors
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat's patented formula allows top coat to penetrate through the nail lacquer to the base coat, forming a single solid coating over the nail plate. Can be used on natural nails, nail enhancements and pedicures."

What I say:
This is really good stuff, and I can see why people are always raving about it.  Without using this fast dry top coat, my polish takes a decent amount of time, maybe 5 minutes, to get to the point where I feel comfortable touching anything without my polish smudging, denting, or just becoming a mess in general.  Using this stuff, I swear I was able to touch stuff in about 1-2 minutes.  That's a very large difference when you need to get back to work.  I normally wear 4 coats (base, two coats of color, top), so adding another coat to my normal polish routine, and actually having it decrease dry time, is a great thing.

Wear is pretty good.  I don't really know how long it wears by itself, since I would never just put something like this on bare nails, but it seems to wear about the same amount of time for me as normal polish.  It did seem to make my nails more glossy, which I like, but people going for a matte look might not like that side effect.

The smell is a little weird.  I can't quite place it, but it doesn't quite smell like normal  nail polish.  I think the color lingered for a little while, but that might have been the rest of the polish that I was wearing at the time,

Overall, I am very impressed with this product.  I do wish it was a little cheaper, but I guess waiting for a sale because purchasing more will have to be good enough.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment