Saturday, April 24, 2010

Boots No.7 4-in-1 wipes


Price: $6.99 for 30 sheets

What they say:
"# Be good to your skin even when you’re short of time with these gentle, fragrance-free wipes
# Cleanse and remove impurities, tone and moisturize skin, and even remove waterproof eye makeup, in one easy step
# Contains vitamin pro B5 extracts of witch hazel and fennel to help cleanse pores and moisturize
# They’ll leave your skin feeling smooth, clean and fresh
# Good for all skin types; 30 pk.
# Boots Facial Cleansing Wipes"

What I say:
These are a nice.  I originally purchased these after reading several reviews listing them as a nice, cheap facial wipe, that does its job, but doesn't leave a nasty film on your skin afterwards.  I would have to agree with that, which is refreshing, because that means I bought I product that works as it claims it does.

The wipes themselves are soft, and are a decent size.  One wipe cleans my entire face, and still can work on my neck, as well.  I don't know how well this works on mascara, since I haven't been wearing that lately, but I know it took off my minimal eye makeup with no problems.  It did take off my foundations and tinted moisturizers, as well, with no need to tug.

The best part about this wipe is the lack of film, and the non-stripped feeling when you are done using it.  Unlike some wipes, where I feel I have to use a moisturizer afterwards, these wipes don't leave that feeling, so I really can just use this one product when I'm really lazy.  The wipes are a little drier than I am used to, but they seem to be able to do their job okay.  Like I stated before, though, I don't know how these would work with mascara (I have heard that they do work well), since the lack of wetness means less formula to sit on your lashes.

If I were to change anything about these, I would change the packaging.  I like everything but the opening, which is just a resealable sticker, that doesn't seem like it's going to last that long.  Maybe it will last the entire 30 times of opening (one for each wipe), but I'm not really sure about that.

Overall, I think these are great for the price, convenience, and quality.  I actually like these a lot better than the MAC ones (that I am still using up), since the MAC ones leave a film when I'm done, and also are not really that soft feeling.  Right now Target is having a sale on these, making the total price $5.99, which is even better.

4/5, very good

No comments:

Post a Comment