Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Korres Ginger and Vitamins Foundation



Price: $28 for 1.35 fl oz

What they say:
"Lightweight, water-based tinted moisturizer leaves skin perfectly hydrated while minimizing imperfections, boosting antioxidant protection and leaving skin with a healthy glow.
• Formulated for all skin types, Ginger and vitamins formula gives sheer to medium build-able coverage with a creamy finish and built-in sun protection
• Ginger extract improves skin tone and clarity while calming and soothing redness and irritation
• Vitamin C significantly diminishes fine lines, hyperpigmentation and resurfaces skin, revealing a soft and radiant complexion • Vitamin E, a potent anti-oxidant, defends skin against free radical damaging while also providing moisture "

What I say:
I really like this stuff!  I had been interested in buying this product for a while, but could not justify the price of $28 for only 1.35 fl oz.  While 1.35 fl oz is more than MUFE HD foundation, for instance, and the price is also less, at least MUFE I can test out in person, while I was flying solo with this foundation.  After reading many reviews online, and finding a nice coupon for a percentage off retail, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase this in color LF1, which sounded the closest to my skin tone (MUFE 115, MAC NW20).

First off, this foundation is more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation, which is hilarious, because their Watermelon Tinted Moisturizer (which I also purchased, but am waiting for summer to use) is more like a foundation than a tinted moisturizer.  Basically, if you want something light, go with the foundation, if you want something more medium, go with the tinted moisturizer.

The color selection could be worse for this product, but I goes look like it runs more on the light side, and more neutral to yellow than a lot of brands.  This does make sense, though, if you look at the history of the company, and the fact that it runs more Mediterranean in its colors than other brands.  The foundation is so blendable, though, that a little color mistake should not be that much of a problem.

Ginger and Vitamin's texture is kinda runny, wet, blend-able, and smooth.  Applying this with your fingers is incredibly easy, and unlike Revlon's PhotoReady foundation, this did not accentuate my dry spots like a neon sign.  It does cover redness decently well, but areas that have a lot of red, like around the nose, and acne scars, will need a concealer to cover.  This takes a moment to sink in, but when it does, it stays put, and is hard to notice.


The finish is like skin, and I did not notice needing a powder to prevent fading, though it has been rather cold here, so I haven't been sweating.  This foundation stayed on all day with no problem, and also removed very easily.  The smell is not that pleasant, but it isn't horrible, and fades away really quickly.

The container for this is wonderful.  It doesn't look like you get that much, but remember, unlike many foundations, this doesn't have a large lid, pump, or a thick outer container.  This is a wonderful container for travel, since it takes so little room, so you can easily bring it with you for touch-ups.


I think the best thing about this foundation is how nice my skin felt after I took it off.  My skin was soft, the redness I have on my cheeks actually looked diminished, and my skin felt more... nourished?  Hard to describe.  I had heard other people say something along these lines, but I had not believed them.  I really should have, because I would have bought this a long time ago.  The fact that this also has SPF in it, though not a lot, is a nice touch.  I already use SPF in my moisturizer, so this is not a replacement, but every little bit helps.

Overall, I really like this, and wish I had listened to others and bought it before now.  The price is kinda high, but compared to other brands, I guess it's a mid-high end, and on par.  The container is nice, the foundation is great, but the color selection could have more pink and dark selections.  Still, with how sheer this is, the color selection could be worse.  I highly suggest getting a sample if you can.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment