Saturday, March 13, 2010

Clinique All About Eyes Cream




Price:  $28.50 for .5 oz, $47 for 1 oz

What they say:
"Diminishes the appearance of eye puffs, darkness, fine lines. Lightweight, non-creep, cream/gel formula actually helps hold eye makeup in place. For use morning and night, under eyes and on the lids. "

What I say:
I actually got this as a gift with purchase (from my mom), so this is a freebe for me.  Would I actually buy it?  No, probably not.

The texture is a thick cream, of the sort that you have to warm up before you try to put it on your eye area.  It is creamy, slightly liquidy when warm, and seems to absorb, but does take a little while.  Nice for nighttime use, but day users might think it takes a little too long before they can put anything else on that area.  It claims to be able to hold makeup in place... yeah, I don't really think so.  This seems to be way too creamy to be able to do that, and might actually help in the destruction of your eyeliner and mascara.  Maybe if your eye area absorbed it to the point that it isn't even there anymore, but at that point how can it help to keep makeup on?

Once this cream absorbs, the area around the eyes is nicely moisturized, but nothing dramatic.  This is a good cream for someone who has dry skin, but not Sahara dry skin.  My husband actually suffers from dry skin in the winter around his eyes, so I have been using this on his eye area, and it really seemed to help.

There is no really detectable smell, which is a plus for me.  The color is kinda a pink fleshy color, but it is completely clear when it is melted and absorbing.  There is no shimmer, or other reflective properties, to this cream, so this won't help with making your eye area look more refreshed except by making it more hydrated.

"Diminishes the appearance of eye puffs, darkness, fine lines."  Didn't see any of that.  Eye puffiness is one of the few things I don't suffer from, so I pass on discussing that, but darkness?  No help there.  My undereyes are are dark as they ever were (well, a little less dark, but that's because of another eyecream).  Fine lines?  A yes, and a no.  Fine lines being permanently gone requires more than this eye cream can give.  Fine lines being temporarily gone because your skin is more plump from hydration, on the other hand, this can actually do.  I did notice a little help in this field, but I would expect that help from any hydrating cream.

Overall, I would not repurchase this eye cream.  That is not to say that it is rubbish, it just isn't good enough for the price, and honestly, with how often it is thrown into gifts with purchase from this company, I really don't think anyone really needs to pay money for this, since you can get a pretty large sample for free that way.  My husband does still enjoy this cream, and I think it's alright for when my eye area is in need of extra moisture, but otherwise, this is a pass.

One last thing I can say about this is that I never had breakouts around my eye area from this.  Thought that might help someone, hehe.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment