Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bobbi Brown Corrector


Color: Light Bisque


Price: $22.00 for .06oz/1.7g

What they say:
"For very dark circles and extra coverage, Bobbi's secret is her Correctors. Use daily or just when you need extra coverage. Designed to be layered under your yellow-based Creamy Concealer shade, Correctors come in a range of twelve Bisque and Peach shades.

Use fingers or the Concealer Brush to apply up to the lashline and into the inner corner of the eye. Smooth and blend by gently patting with the pads of your fingers. Follow with a layer of your regular Creamy Concealer shade."

What I say:
First off, for those of you who are really pale, and have a pink undertone, there is absolutely no reason that you have to use a concealer with this.  Bobbi Brown's concealers and foundations are known to be more yellow base than a lot of people can handle, while the correctors have a more pink base or salmon base to them, depending on the shade that you get.

That said, this product is a lifesaver for me, since I have what are known as "dark circles of doom" inherited from "dark circle genes of doom."  I cannot escape the look of perpetual sleep deprevation, so for me, something like a opaque concealer or corrector is manditory.  This corrector definitely fits the bill, and does so with a few perks.

Perk 1) This has a mirror in it.  That might not mean much to some of you, but for those of us that travel a lot, having a mirror in the lid of a concealer or corrector is very convenient when stuck in an airplane seat, and needing to do your makeup so you don't look like a zombie upon landing at your destination.  Also, it is great for touchups at your desk, or in the car, or at your SO's... you get the idea.

Perk 2) While being small, a little goes a long way.  This will last you a long time, and doesn't dry out quickly like a gel eyeliner/cream eyeshadow might.  Which leads to...

Perk 3) The small size makes it great for your purse/makeup bag.  Small, light, and convenient.

This corrector does its job well.  It applies easily when it is warmed with your fingers, or when warmed on your skin before blending.  I haven't noticed it migrating into fine lines when applied in a thin layer, but if it is applied too thickly, it can start to rebel.  This layers well with others, but anything too hard/dry on top can cause it to be pulled off of where you applied it.  I wouldn't call that a flaw of this product, since it was the other one that did it, but it is something to watch out for.

This does last a decent amount of time, but I usually put a powder on top of it, so I'm not sure how it would fair on its own.  It doesn't get cakey with powder on top of it, so I just go ahead and do it every time, since I'm powdering my t-zone anyway.

Overall, this is a good product.  I can't think of anything I would change about this product, which is not something I can say for many things.  Like I said before, a little of this goes a long way, so while the size is kinda small, I do feel that it is worth the money.

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment