Wednesday, February 3, 2010

MAC Viva Glam VI SE Lipstick



Price: $14

What they say:
"A lavender-lovely Fergie asks us to enter a new kind of dreamscape, to feel the "Yes, we can!" of tomorrow, and to push forward on behalf of every man, woman and child affected by HIV/AIDS. VIVA GLAM VI Lipstick, Lipglass, and Special Edition Lipstick lead the way. Every cent of the selling price of VIVA GLAM Lipstick and Lipglass is donated to the M·A·C AIDS Fund to support men, women, and children living with HIV and AIDS."

What I say:
The website claims that Viva Glam VI SE (Special Edition) is a Soft Blue Pink (Lusture), and I think that is a pretty good description.  It is not the most pigmented lipstick, but I have no trouble layering it to get it more opaque.  This is just a MLBB color, though, so if you are looking for something more dramatic, this is not the color to turn to.

The texture itself is like many of MAC's lipsticks; not drying, a little moisturizing, doesn't seep into lines easily, and doesn't stay on lips for an extraordinary amount of time.

Is it worth the price?  Well, I would say yes, since it is better than many drugstore lipsticks that you can buy, but for a little bit more, you can get a department store brand.  Really, that's why MAC is called a mid brand; you can pay more, and get a little better, or less, and get a little worse.  I'm not saying MAC is a bad brand, I'm just saying that they are not the be all and end all that many people seem to think they are.  (In fact, I have quite a few MAC items, but I always weigh them for price and quality before I buy from them).

Overall, I like this lipstick.  I wouldn't buy this color again, since it is just another MLBB, but it is nice to feel that you are donating to something, even if it is only a little bit.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment