Saturday, February 13, 2010

How do I love boots?

Let me count the ways.

Boots and I go way back, to even before I cared at all for dressing up on occasion, or anything of the sort.

Back in highschool I would wear nothing but boots, except in gym, where I had to wear tennis shoes.  Most of these were hiking boots, but still, boots.  There's just something about them that makes me happy, like a pair of cozy socks, or a bowl of soup.

Later came... the craving.  I started buying more types of boots, from little booties to full blown knee high motorcycle boots (which I waterproofed, and made into my rain boots.  They can't handle a deep puddle, but they can handle rain and small puddles).  Most of my boots are black, but there is the occasional brown or tan boot that makes an appearance.

So why all this talk about boots?  Because boot season is starting to come to a close, and I am giddy with excitement.  While most people see this as a good day because they can finally whip out their flip flops (never cared for those, myself), I see it as the day to go bargain hunting, and find boots at an even cheaper price!  Bwahahahaha!

I never stop wearing the boots; I just start bringing the occasional sandal or non-boot dress shoe with me.  You know... in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment