Saturday, November 21, 2009

Jane Iredale Magic Mitt





 image from janeiredale.com

Price: $15 for one mitt

What they say:
"Magic Mitt quickly and completely removes makeup using NO cleanser
• This cleansing process promotes the health of the skin because it does not affect the skin's natural acid mantle
• When this beneficial barrier is intact, it aids the skin in protecting itself from harmful and invasive bacteria
• Not only will your skin thank you for using Magic Mitt, but you will also save yourself minutes at the beginning and end of each day"

What I say:
This is indeed a "magic mitt."  I have used this to take of mascara (non-waterproof), liquid foundation, primer, and also cream foundation (with cream blush!).  While it claims that you can use it with just warm water, I always pair it with my usual nightly cleanser, since I'm lazy, and doing it in two steps just adds more time.  I tried using a cream eye makeup remover afterwards when I tested the removal of mascara, and nothing more came off, so it must be doing something right!

How you use this is you take the mitt, get it wet with warm water, and gently rub in small circles all over you face, like you would do with an exfoliator, or when you are normally cleansing with a washcloth.  The little "hairs" or fibers of the cloth break through the barrier of oil that makeup creates, and allow water and cleansers to get through.  Since the surface tension of the oil that bonds the makeup is broken, it just comes right off.

Now, here's another great part about it: to clean, you just clean it like a washcloth!  Brilliant!  Why so brilliant?  Because you can clean it on the go, and since it's not a liquid/gel, you can bring it on a plane with you, no problem.

I got mine at a local beauty supply shop, but I know drugstore.com and dermstore.com carry it.  It is normally $15, so I say, unless you are buying really expensive makeup-remover, it is probably a good idea to wait until you can get this on sale.

I still haven't tried this with waterproof mascara, since I hardly ever wear that, but I do know it took off my waterproof sunscreen, so it might work well with the mascara as well.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment