Saturday, November 7, 2009

Smashbox Emulsion Lip Exfoliant


image from smashbox.com


Price: $18 for .75oz

What they say:
"Got cracked, dry lips? EMULSION is the perfect solution for you! This sugar-based, peppermint-infused lip exfoliant is packed with vitamins and soothing conditioners to smooth and soften lips. Poppy seeds and sugar granules gently exfoliate while cocoa and shea butter, grape seed extract and jojoba deeply nourish. Lips instantly feel soft and kissable!"

What I say:
This is a nice treatment.  I normally just use a toothbrush to exfoliate my lips, since, like the rest of me, gentle exfoliants just don't cut it (my skin doesn't like the flake off).  I had heard good things about this exfoliant for your lips, so I decided to finally take the plung and pick it up.


It didn't make my lips overly dry (though I would still say use a lip balm afterwards, since you did just forcefully remove the dead layer of skin). The exfoliator was hardish, like a petroleum balm, when first squeezed from the tube, but warmed up quickly once on the lips. A little of this goes a long way.

The scent was a mild peppermint, not over the top, and the taste (yes, I did accidentally get some in my mouth) was not unpleasant.  It was a little sweet, a little pepperminty, and a little... other, I guess would be the best way of putting it.  I have heard it claimed that this is perfectly edible, but I wouldn't suggest just licking your lips off when you are done, instead of wiping it off like it tells you to in the instructions.

To use, you just take a little of the product, place it on your lips, and rub.  I like to do a combination of small circular motions, mixed in with just placing my lips together and rubbing them together.  This wasn't very harsh, and was not very irritating, either.

Highly recommended for anyone who, like me, suffers from flaky lips.

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment