Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Burberry London for Men


 image from sephora.com

Price: $55 for 1.7oz, $70 for 3.3oz

What they say:
"A timeless signature scent for the modern gentleman who exudes natural confidence and a sophisticated manner. This understated and refined amber woody fragrance is fresh and masculine on top, creates a seductive, natural sexiness at its heart, and combines unique base notes to create a timeless, signature scent.

Notes:
Bergamot, Lavender, Cinnamon Leaves, Black Pepper, Mimosa, Leather, Port Wine, Guaiac Wood, Oakmoss, Tobacco, Opopanax.
Style:
Elegant. Refined. Timless.
Woody Oriental"

What I say:
I originally bought this for my husband, who hardly ever wears it, even though I beg him to *hint hint honey*, but ended up falling in love with it myself, and kinda wished I had kept it for my own (my only... my precious).  The cinnamon leaves, tobacco, and leather are the strongest parts of the scent in my mind, and when it goes into its heart, and finally base notes, it leaves a nice warm lingeringness, like a fire on a cold day.

Speaking of a fire on a cold day, that's kinda what this scent reminds me of as a whole; a workshop in the next room, with the door open, and a fire warming everything inside up, so the scent goes throughout the house...

Opps, didn't mean to get all... emotional, or whatever you would call it.  Scent is an emotional, and personal thing, though, so one person's favorite scent will make another person gag.  Still, I think there's a moral to this story; just because it is says "for men" (or "for women" for you men out there), does not mean it cannot work for you.  Sure, this scent is more masculine, for lack of a better word, but with the right outfit, maybe a little metal, maybe a little goth (heck, even a sundress with black heels), you can make it all your own.

5/5 (my preeeccciiioooussss)

No comments:

Post a Comment