Saturday, October 10, 2009

Oscar Blandi: Pronto Dry Shampoo


image from sephora.com
Price: $11 for 1 oz, $19 for 2.5 oz

What they say:
"What it does:
Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo is the ultimate time saver. It refreshes, revives, and rejuvenates the hair in a matter of minutes—no water or blow dryer required. Voted Best Dry Shampoo and Best Quick Fix by Allure magazine, it effectively soaks up oil, removes product build-up, and boosts volume. Hair looks, feels, and smells freshly shampooed with a clean, lemon verbena scent. Go ahead, hit snooze!

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates
- GMO
- Triclosan"

What I say:
This stuff tries hard, and kinda makes it to the goal, but really kinda fails along the way.

What do I mean by that?  Well, let's start off with what it does.  It does get rid of the oilies, for the most part.  It does leave your hair with some volume, and it does leave it smelling nicer.

What does it fail at?  First, it's a bugger to get out.  It doesn't spread easily enough to really get all your roots, so you end up using too much of it.  It leaves a whitish cast to your hair, that no matter what you try (towel, more rubbing in, brush, brush with boar bristles) won't go away.

So would I say this is a complete failure?  Not really.  For lighter haired girls (I have light brown hair, btw) this would work better, since the white cast of the powder would be harder to notice.  For hikers, this is great, since you only need this and a brush to get your hair less greasy (I hate that feeling when hiking).  For people stuck in airplanes, and don't care, it would work, too...  Basically, it works great, /if/ you don't need to worry about the white cast.

I have tried this 4 times now, and unless I'm just missing something basic (which is entirely possible) this is just a no-go for me.  I have heard there is another type, from a different brand, which is the same thing, but darker powder, so no cast.  I might try that one out in the future, but in the meantime I'll just stick to my shampoo and conditioner.

2/5  Will not rebuy.

No comments:

Post a Comment