Saturday, October 17, 2009

MAC Brush Cleanser


image from maccosmetics.com




Price: $11.00 for 233ml

What they say:
"This one product will clean, disinfect and condition the brush fibers so that brushes will last longer. It is convenient to use and is specifically designed to extend the life of high quality brushes. Brush Cleanser leaves your brushes smelling fresh and clean, and helps shorten their drying time."

What I say:
You know, I was surprised at how much I like this.  I had heard so much about it, I just assumed the people who said it was good were hyping it because it was MAC, and the people who said it was bad were either right, or hating it just because it was MAC.  Eventually, enough YouTube videos won me over, so I decided to try this out.

First off, this isn't a usual brush cleaner.  It has alcohol, and apparently can be a pain to remove if you follow their instructions.  The way that I use it (and saw a lot of others online use it) is not the way it tells you to use it on the packaging.  First, take a tissue (or in my case, a papertowel) and fold it in quarters.  Take the side that can flap open, and pour some of the cleanser on that side until it is wet (and soaked all the way through the layers, this is important).  This leaves you with a mostly dry papertowel, and a wet corner.  Take you brush, and work it back and forth, or even circles, into the corner, occasionally wiping it off on the dry parts.  If the wet or dry part gets too dirty, switch to a new "sheet" in your "book" that you made.  After the brush is clean, reshape it, and lay it on its side to dry (which shouldn't take long, the first one I did was dry by the time I was done with the last one).

Using the above method, I was able to clean all the brushes that I usually use, and still have enough clean sides to clean some more.  What I cleaned was: two eyeshadow brushes, one foundation, one concealer, two eyeliners, one blush, one slant brush (white, so really hard to clean normally), and a skunk brush that was covered (lightly) in cream foundation.  What really amazed me was the skunk brush.  Those who own them know how the bristles can stain easily, even if clean.  Mine came out like new.

Overall, I am really happy with this product.  I have heard people say that you still need to clean your brushes the normal way (baby shampoo, brush cleaner and water, etc), and I can see how some people might if you are really working product deep into your bristles, but for me, this method should be more than adequate for my needs.

For the price, you get a generous amount of product.  I can see this lasting for a long time before I need to get more.

This is one of the best brush cleansers I have ever seen, and also one of the easiest to use, and fastest drying.  I highly suggest checking it out if you don't already have a HG method of cleaning your brushes.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment