Saturday, August 8, 2009

Giorgio Armani Lip Wax

 
image from giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com
Price: $26.00


What they say:
"A modern vision of lip color, lip wax compact lipstick is a blush of color for lips. The incredibly smooth and silky texture of lip wax glides over lips leaving rich, tailor-made color. The ultra-fine and soft Micro-fil veil ensures a smooth and seemingly weightless result. To obtain a more precise distribution of color, apply with the Giorgio Armani lip brush. For a sparkling shine, add a layer of armani lip shimmer."


What I say:
I bought this in colors #4 and #7 with a gift card that I had, and am so glad I did!  Color #7, a LE color, which I would describe as a pinkish raspberry (more vibrant, almost like a fushia to me) was a decent color, but didn't look good on yours truely.  Now, on the other hand, color #4, Raspberry, was stunning!  I wore this to my brother's birthday, which consisted of an all day trek through a natural science museum, and only had to touch this up once after I ate.  The color faded evenly, so no ring, in case you were wondering.

True to their description, this really does have a weightless feel (so much so, that I often forgot that I had anything on my lips).  The pot design of this might not be the most hygienic, but since I wash my hands before I touch my makeup, I really don't have much of a problem with it.  I would suggest a lip brush if you are worried about things like that, but I think you might have more trouble with a brush, since you might pick up too much product.  Inside the pot is a mirror, so touch ups are a snap, and a little goes a looooong way (don't dig with your finger/brush, or you have too much).

Now, they have changed their website since I first checked these things out, so the swatches look a little bit better than they used to, but I would still suggest going and seeing these in person before you purchase.  These are truly unforgiving when it comes to color, since they are so opaque.  Nordstrom's carries these if you go in person (though for whatever reason, they don't have these online, except for the LE ones when a new collection comes out). 

So, are these worth it?  In my opinion, yes, but I wouldn't run out of your way to pick one of these up (unless you have the extra cash around).  This is more of an item you ask for your birthday or the holidays; something you already have picked out, and the lucky person just has to pick it up (seriously, I wish my relatives would do that more often for me).


HG 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment