Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hard Candy: Mr. Wrong




Price: $5

What they say:
"Just Nails with Ring
The focus is on color! Put the final touch on fingertips and toes with a top-quality formula. The long-lasting, chip-resistant polish ensure flawless results with each application, and is DBP, toluene and formaldehyde free."

What I say:
Mr. Wrong is a color that I saw online, and just had to buy.  Sparkly, shiney, kinda purple/black, it is a great color for layering, and for just wearing in general.  It applies sheer, though, so be prepared for layers, but it doesn't steak.  It dries quickly, as well, so it doesn't take forever to get your nails finished.

The wear: Pretty normal, a little higher than some.  Lasted a few days before chipping on me.

I had to get this at Walmart, which is now the new distributor of Hard Candy, a brand that used to be available in Sephora.  Now, some of you might like Walmart, but I don't like it very much.  My family all has good Walmarts near them; friendly staff, clean shelves, no crazies.  I have a creeper.  Dirty shelves, merchandise just laying there opened and used, unfriendly staff, and crazies that like to follow people around.  *Shudders*  The reason I brought this up is because, despite all this, I make the trek into Walmart, and got this polish.  Now that I have it, would I do it again?  No, not really.  While it is a nice color, and applies nicely, I don't think it is really unique enough.  Still, I was already in Walmart, so I was going to buy it (dang-nabbit!).

3.5/5 Good color and polish for its price

No comments:

Post a Comment