Wednesday, June 2, 2010

O.P.I. Yoga-ta Get this Blue






image from binbin.net

Price: $4-$8, depending on source

What I say:
This is my go-to color for my toes during the summer.  I remember back in the day, when the India Collection came out, and this polish came into the scene.  It was love at first sight, and I ran (well, drove) to the nearest place that sold OPI to get this (in fact, that was how I found the place that I buy these polishes from).

Yoga-ta Get this Blue is a dark blue, almost navy, but brighter.  The closest color from their collection was Russian Blue, but I would call them sisters, not twins.  There is a slight amount of what might be called shimmer, but more fine, that is in this polish.  It reminds me of car paint, where is kinda shines.

I loved this polish so much, but unfortunately, it was limited edition, so I gently used my polish until it died from old age.  I never thought I would see it again, but recently found out that it was so popular that they brought it into their permanent line, where hopefully it will stay.

If you are interested in blues, and especially darker blues, I highly recommend giving this polish color a try.  I would say it is a cooler color, but it is one that anyone, from the palest of pales to the darkest of darks, warm and cool alike, can wear.  I have never seen anyone who didn't look good with this polish, and that is a hard thing to say about a blue.

5/5 HG

2 comments:

  1. I think OPI does names like this with all their colors just to get people to shudder at the puns.

    ReplyDelete