Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Steamcream






Price: £10.00 for 75g from www.steamcream.co.uk


What they say:
"   * A multipurpose cream uniquely formulated using pure, unrefined steam for maximum absorption.
    * High quality skincare for all skin-types. STEAMCREAM Jar
    * Locally produced using fresh, natural and traceable ingredients.
    * Funky eco-friendly packaging designed in Japan and decorated with limited edition collectible designs.
    * Handy-sized tin for on-the-go lifestyles at an affordable price.

STEAMCREAM represents the latest concept in skincare. Using a revolutionary steam-infused manufacturing process, STEAMCREAM provides a long-lasting, intensive and effective form of skincare that can be used on face, body and hands.

STEAMCREAM have pioneered the use of a steam technique to create this unique, gentle and loosely-bound emulsion. This looseness allows each ingredient – including a moisturising and soothing oatmeal infusion, orange flower water and healing lavender oil – to breakdown and penetrate areas of the skin that other creams find hard to reach.

Packaged in a compact, flush-lid aluminium tin featuring unique and collectable designs, STEAMCREAM is a perfect on-the-go product – convenient to slip into your bag, take to work, to school, on holidays or to the gym. And it’s hand luggage friendly at just 75g!"



What I say:
I bought this cream a long time ago, actually, and when I went to throw out the now expired cream (and keep the packaging, of course), realized that I should probably write a review about it.


The texture of this cream is like that of a whipped, well, cream.  It's thick, but still light, and spreads very easily once on the skin.  I really would say that it is a loose emulsion (from what they say), because it does feel that the whipping is all that keeps this product from disintegrating back into a more liquidy, albeit fatty, state.


The smell, I would say, is a strong orange blossom perfume smell.  Personally, I hate it.  It is way too strong, and lingers way too long, preventing me from putting this anywhere near my face.  This is sad, because  it claims to be a multipurpose product, and that takes it back down to just one.  I have no idea why they would add that much fragrance to this product, and am a little alarmed, because many companies add fragrance to hide something, or use the term "fragrance" to secretly add preservatives and claim that they added none.  I am not saying this is what this company did, I'm just saying what I thought when I saw, and smelled, the totally over-the-top perfume smell.  Remember, fragrance is a personal thing, and you might love the smell of this cream.


I had no transfer or white cast problems when wearing this, but I did have "should not be worn while sweating" problems.  This cream would just melt, and become a slippery mess on my body when perspiring.  If you workout often, I don't suggest wearing this until afterwards.


Lastly, the packaging.  Love the packaging.  The tin is lightweight, a decent size, and screws closed, so no accidents from it opening in your bag.  The collectible designs are fun, and make it much easier to tell which one is yours if you live in a place where more than one person is using the same type of cream.  This is a perfect size for snacks, in my opinion, and am already planning to sanitize my tin to use for things like almonds, since I think this tin is about the standard "serving size" of them.


Overall, this is a good product, but the scent is just too strong for me to repurchase.  The cream did melt into my skin fairly easily, but it also melted out just as fast.  The texture is quite nice, and the fact that it is in a nice travel tin is also good.  Normally, if it wasn't for the scent, I could see myself using this quickly enough that the cost would be a little too much, so that's something to watch out for.  It is an okay price for just your face, but getting your body involved kinda breaks that deal.


3/5 - A few problems that might not bother others, okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment