Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream, Night Formula


image drugstore.com

Price: $14 for 1.4oz (40g)

What they say:
"Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream is a dermatologist recommended Retinol anti-wrinkle cream clinically proven to visibly reduce fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging.

This patented formula contains Retinol, Vitamin A in its purest form, to work deep within skin's surface where wrinkles develop. A combination of Pro-Vitamin B5, Vitamin E and special moisturizers work with skin's natural mechanisms to even out skin tone and build moisture levels. Lightweight and non-greasy, it absorbs quickly into skin.

Skin is softer and smoother. Fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging are visibly reduced.
  • Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Fragrance-free"
What I say:
This is okay, and cheap for what it is, but it is not that great.  I originally bought this because of the Retinol that it has in it, since you can never be too young to start the fight against wrinkles, but have not found it to really do anything.

The scent is basically non-existent, to the point that I can't really remember if it has a scent (good enough for me, it has no scent!).  The texture is a little more soft than most creams that I have used (including La Mer, which I got a sample of once).  Actually, I prefer the texture of this to thicker creams, because it is so easy to spread.

I have never had a problem of clogged pores from this on my face, but I have gotten a couple on my neck, and can only assume this was the culprit.  Given that I have only gotten a few in the year that I have used it, though, I would say that it is indeed non-comedogenic.

Overall, decent, but not great.  I purchased it again because there was a buy one get one on Neutrogena skincare, and I was getting more of my cleanser.  I may or may not purchase again, depending on if I find a better night cream when I run out or not.

3.5/5

3 comments:

  1. I like most of the Nutregena products and the fact that it has no color or perfume helps many with extreme sensitive skin.Will try this one also.

    organic cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used Neutrogena products for years - especially their acne product line. I do not have uncontrollable acne, I get a few irritations and congested pores here and there.
    Revitaderm
    Revitaderm Cream

    ReplyDelete